Re: Graphics (Strategy)

From: Andriy Shapochka (ashapochk..otmail.com)
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 16:41:39 EDT

I think we should create GUI ourselves unless you have serious reasons to
give someone else this work. Otherwise it is going to take too much time to
get GUI something. Yet if your friends could provide us with a decent basic
set of icons and images in a month or so it would be really, really great.
It just kills me, you know, when creating a couple of new controls I find
myself desperately out of resources. By the way, besides from button icons
we need icons for nodes in the data map browsers (DataMap, ObjEntity,
ObjRelationship, ObjAttribute, DbEntity, DbAttribute, PrimaryKey, Table,
View), icons for tabs (containing the browsers), icons for queries (maybe
different for Select, Update, Insert, Delete) and more, I guess. As for the
GUI tool, I cannot recall how we called it so I keep work name "Cayenne
Modeler". It will be easy to change it if any. BTW we need the frame icon as
well.
Anyway, let's see what your friends can do with those you plan to propose
them for work. I hope we are going to get really consistent and professional
interface.
Andriy