Re: Small portable database

From: Andrei Adamchik (aadamchi..obox.com)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 11:01:22 EST

    Steve,

    Thanks for the info. From reading their site this is very promising, though
    I couldn't find any decent documentation.

    Right now as far as unit testing I am going the hard way - creating test
    schema trying to tweak it using metadata of an unknown database. So in
    theory tests should be "almost" portable. Will see how far this can go.

    At 04:52 PM 1/3/2002 +1000, Steven_Sha..dc.com wrote:

    >Hypersonic SQL is suitable as a test database.
    >
    > http://hsqldb.sourceforge.net/
    >
    > From the webpage:
    >hsqldb is a relational database engine written in Java, with a JDBC driver,
    >supporting a subset of ANSI-92 SQL. It offers a small (about 100k), fast
    >database engine which offers both in memory and disk based tables.
    >
    >Steve.

    Andrus