Re: development notes

From: Andrei Adamchik (aadamchi..obox.com)
Date: Sun Jan 27 2002 - 19:47:44 EST

    At 04:26 PM 1/27/2002 -0500, you wrote:
    >You can update map saving procedure - it will not affect me.

    Ok, here is what I did.

    - I removed DTD reference from the generated map all together.

    - I added cayenne/src/dtd directory and placed all DTD's in there. I tried
    to fix them to reflect the latest state of the project, but I haven't
    tested any of them, so it is guaranteed they have bugs or typos. Will do it
    later....

    In the future we will add DTD's to cayenne.jar file. This way when loading
    an XML file to a GUI tool we may do an optional explicit validation of
    incoming file using a DTD (ClassLoader.getResourceAsStream() should pull it
    from JAR no matter where this is installed and does not require internet
    connection unlike our old approach).

    When running a Cayenne application no DTD validation will be done by default.

    Andrei