ObjectStyle site facelift

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 01:08:24 EST

    A new prototype of our website is now located at
    http://objectstyle.org/site2/

    Design was done by David Cooper ( http://www.livingroad.com/ ). Thanks
    Dave, this is great job.

    I am now converting Dave's work to allow developers work on this site
    using CVS, etc. So what you see in "site2" directory is work in
    progress. I am using Velocity-Anakia engine that allows to apply a
    shared template and stylesheet to XML documents.

    This is a cool way to create content (once the initial template setup is
    done). Content creators only work with XML files that have logical
    formatting (for example tags like <section>, <title> etc.). And there is
    an automated process to convert this XML to an HTML page keeping site
    look-and feel.

    I am almost done with look-n-feel part, and will start converting
    ObjectStyle.org main site content to the new format. Later on this would
    allow any committer to update the site. This is great for feature lists,
    documentation, FAQ, etc.

    CVS module is "objectstyle-site" (no anonymous access yet, committers
    only. Let me know if anyone needs anonymous access)

    Have fun

    --
    - Andrei (a.k.a. Andrus) Adamchik