Re: Unicode support

From: andrus (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 10:22:34 EDT

    Vineet_Bhati..cs.com writes:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Does Cayenne support select/insert/update for nvarchar and ntext?
    >
    > I am using SQL Server 2k with inet Opta 2000
    >
    > - vineet

    Hi Vineet,

    we haven't addressed this specifically yet, so your best bet is to try and
    write a sample application. I can give you more pointers on doing that
    (especially if you can wait till next Tuesday when I get back home to my
    computer) . Also we haven't done any testing with MS SQL server for the
    upcoming release.

    If this is handled by JDBC driver using code like this, it should be handled
    by Cayenne as well:

    ResultSet rs;
    String str = rs.getString(1);

    PreparedStatement st;