Re: Nightly build problems

From: Andrus (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon May 06 2002 - 10:21:21 EDT

    At 11:22 AM 5/4/2002 -0400, Robert John Andersen wrote:
    >I download the 5/4 nightly build and have run into somethings that the
    >previous version I had didn't run into.
    >
    >1) When printing out retrieved objects, the char attributes are huge. The
    >text at the beginning is correct, but there are like
    > 18 blank lines after the text.
    >
    >2) Same thing happens for the sql generated when traversing a relationship:
    >
    >SELECT <some columns> WHERE <some column> = ? [params: 'ZZZ

    I tried to reproduce this, and I couldn't. Space padding problem is most
    likely related to Oracle issue you reported before
    (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=552409&group_id=48132&atid=452068).
    I will take a look at it tomorrow when I get back home and have access to
    Oracle. With MySQL that I run on my laptop no padding occurs. I think MySQL
    driver works differently from Oracle.

    >Exception in thread "main"
    >org.objectstyle.cayenne.CayenneRuntimeException: One and only one object
    >can match object id, found 0
    > at
    > org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.refetchObject(DataContext.java:392)
    > at
    > org.objectstyle.cayenne.CayenneDataObject.readProperty(CayenneDataObject.java:136)
    >
    > at _MyType.getBeTypeDesc(_MyType.java:16)
    > at TestCayenne.main(TestCayenne.java:48)
    >
    >If I switch back to the previous cayenne version I have everything works
    >great.

    I wonder if this is the same padding issue as above. Does "MyType" entity
    defines any primary key columns that have type "CHAR"?

    Even if it does, I think it is strange that the code works on 5/3 build and
    doesn't on 5/4, since there are no changes between the 2 in any of the
    access classes. Only in class generator and automatic PK generator. Could
    you confirm that your application code is the same (including generated
    classes) when you switch between cayenne releases?