Re: Driver in /lib/ext?!?!

From: andru..bjectstyle.org
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 10:09:43 EDT

    Hi Marian,

    Marian Simpetru writes:

    > Hello,
    >

    > Why does the jdbc driver has to be in the JDK / lib/ext ?!?
    > Is this a requirement only for Modeller?

    Either Modeler or any other Cayenne application would need a driver to be
    accessible by the ClassLoader. So any location in the effective CLASSPATH
    will work as well. lib/ext is NOT the requirement. For instance in a
    deployed webapplication, WEB-INF/lib would work as well.

    Now, modeler does not implement any special handling of the atlernative
    locations that are not in the environment CLASSPATH. I guess we can create a
    feature request for that. It would be nice for the user to map any
    locations.

    For now, if you do not want to change your env. CLASSPATH, you can modify
    the modeler startup script (modeler.sh or modeler.bat) to set classpath
    prior to starting the modeler.

    And again - in deployment there is no global classpath requirement.

    Andrus