org.objectstyle.cayenne.CayenneRuntimeException: Some parts of PK are missing in snapshot

From: martin ruff (mruf..imeon.ch)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 16:26:53 EST

    Hi,

    I've got a table reportingdates with a 1:N relation to reportings, where
    every reporting has a 1:1 relationsship to tasks,

    now I have the following code:
    I have to set the tasks in each reortings object, but I only have the ID
    as String:
    Tasks newtask = (Tasks)theDataContext.registeredObject(new
    ObjectId("Tasks", "id" ,tasksID.intValue()));
    //where taskID is a ID of an existing task in the database
    origreporting.setToTasks(newtask);

    theDataContext.commitChanges(Level.WARN);

    which gives me the follwoing exceptions:
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.CayenneRuntimeException: Some parts of PK are
    missing in snapshot.
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.map.DbRelationship.srcFkSnapshotWithTargetSnapshot(DbRelationship.java:251)
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.SnapshotManager.takeObjectSnapshot(SnapshotManager.java:235)
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.takeObjectSnapshot(DataContext.java:256)
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.CayenneDataObject.getCurrentSnapshot(CayenneDataObject.java:342)
            at org.objectstyle.cayenne.QueryHelper.updateQuery(QueryHelper.java:105)
            at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.commitChanges(DataContext.java:517)

    My question, how do I get a "valid" task object, that I can add, if I
    only have it's ID (primary key) as Integer?
    thanks martin