Re: AW: cannot use cayenneModeler

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 15:23:12 EST

    Michael Schuldt writes:
    > Hi Andrus,
    >
    > sorry, I hope this is the right way to answer to a post. I couldn't find any
    > hint on the website userlist. So I try to answer to your message (By the
    > way: I received your mail two times? Is this correct?)

    Yes, this is OK. Normally you just do a "Reply All" to a list message. If
    you don't delete the original sender from the list of destination addresses
    in reply, he will get the same message twice. This is why you got 2
    messages. Now you should receive only one copy.

     From the exception you sent it is clear that MySQL Driver is not accessible
    to CayenneModeler (more precisely - to the JVM that started Modeler). I know
    on Windows sometimes both JDK and JRE are installed in separate locations (I
    am not sure if this is still the case). So I guess we are getting closer.
    Lets verify a few more things.

    1. What is the value of JAVA_HOME variable? It is used to locate the JVM for
    the modeler.

    2. What is the absolute path to the MySQL driver JAR file?

    3. What is the value of system CLASSPATH variable?

    > I'd another problem while installing the struts files. I think that this
    > couldn't be the reason for this problem because in the tutorial this step
    > comes after the modeler-step. But who knows!

    Struts is separate and shouldn't affect the modeler at all. To continue with
    tutorial once you resolve the modeler problems, just follow the docs for the
    version of Struts you are using. We wrote the docs for Struts 1.1 Beta. I am
    not sure how Struts evolved after that.

    Andrus