Connection Autorestart [Was: pooled connection]

From: Andrus (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Jan 04 2003 - 21:04:36 EST

    At 07:42 PM 1/4/2003 -0500, Andrus wrote:
    >Tim,
    >
    >Though we have no proof that this is the case with your application, I
    >confirmed that Cayenne would fail in the case I described in the quoted
    >message. I will file this as a bug and we will work on handling such cases.

    BTW, this will probably not happen too soon, since there is a fundamental
    problem in JDBC, notifying DataSource about connection errors. And
    validating the connection every time it is checked out of the pool is going
    to degrade performance.

    So until we find a cleaner solution, you might want to restart the
    application every time the DB server is restarted.

    Andrus