Re: Connection Autorestart [Was: pooled connection]

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Sat Jan 04 2003 - 21:38:22 EST

    Andrus,

    > The problem with ConnectionEventListener is that the pooled connection
    > wrapper is not in the stack trace, so pool objects can't catch such
    > exceptions and are generally unaware of them. If you look at these lines:

    That doesn't look right (or maybe I'm just too tired - it's 3:40 AM here
    in Germany). PoolManager already implements the ConnectionEventListener
    error handling methods, and if they are not triggered by ConnectEvents I'd
    say the driver is at fault.
    Have you tried the new 3.0.3beta driver form mysql.com? It's a drop-in
    replacement but much, much newer with lots of bug fixes, I've been using
    it without problems. Maybe it does the right thing?

    Holger