Configuration question - please help

From: Justin Peck (jpec..earningoptics.com)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 19:37:16 EST

    Hello. I have downloaded Cayenne and really like what I see so far. Here's
    a small configuration problem I've been having that I hope you could help me
    with.

    1. I am using Tomcat 4.1.12 and have a JNDI <ResoureParams> xml snippet to
    register "jdbc/mysql" to org.objectstyle.cayenne.conn.ContainerPoolFactory
    under my application's context (in server.xml).

    2. I am using <listener> and <resource-ref> tags in my war's web.xml file to
    reference "jdbc/mysql" and this seems to work fine.

    3. My cayenne.xml, and referenced Map.xml file, are both in the web-inf
    folder inside my war file.

    The problems is, upon starting up Tomcat, half of the time I get a
    Configuration error that says "Error initializing shared configuration:
    Domain configuration file 'cayenne.xml' is not found."

    It seems like because I am using a JNDI resource in server.xml, the
    ContainerPoolFactory is attempting to location my cayenne.xml file -
    however, this file is in my war file and not anywhere under Tomcat. Does
    this sound reasonable? Could you please point me to a better configuration?

    I'd like to still use JNDI for your connection pooling in server.xml, and
    include cayenne.xml in my war file if that is possible.

    Thanks,

    Justin Peck
    jpec..earningoptics.com