Transactions

From: Michael Schuldt (m..scensys.de)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 04:58:58 EST

    Hallo,

    I was of the opinion, that cayenne uses transactions. But I found the
    following problem.

    - I'm creating 3 objects for one DataContext using createAndRegisterObject.
    - I'm filling the objects, even the relationships
    - At the end, I'm using commitChanges of the DataContext.

    For testing I caused a problem on one table. I just deleted a column to see,
    if there is no data at all written to the database as suspected. But there
    was data written to the 2 correct tables but no in the corrupted one.

    So this seems to me, that there was no transaction used.

    Who can tell?

    Michael