Re: How do we do a outer join in Cayenne?

From: Andrus (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 20:17:36 EST

    At 10:56 AM 1/18/2003 +1000, Bill Fan wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >Does anyone have an idea?

    Currently Cayenne doesn't directly support outer joins. To use them, the
    best bet would be to use SqlSelectQuery with raw SQL.

    In the future we will add a feature allowing to set "right/left outer join"
    per relationship, creating the right syntax for the target database on the
    fly. I was thinking about it for a while. The time for it will come
    someday, unless there is someone motivated enough to jump on it right away :-).

    Andrus