FW: Cayenne and Hibernate

From: David Solis (dsoli..egosoft.com.mx)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 20:13:51 EST

    I really like Cayenne because is very close to EOF. From my point of
    view Cayenne is the natural fit for Tapestry. Everything is good in
    Cayenne but locking and blob support. Cayenne doesn't support optimistic
    locking on specific attributes.

    Other wished features:
    Flattened relations and attributes
    Support for stored procedures
    Qualifier for Objects

    Hibernate doesn't have a modeler tool but it has xdoclet support which
    can generate the xml descriptors from the source code's javadocs.

    If the issue is audience, Hibernate is more popular than Cayenne.

    EOF-like,