usage of event notification in release 6alpha

From: Dave Paules (dn..uantumleap.us)
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 12:58:03 EST

    Hi all,
    How does the event notification support added in the most recent release of
    Cayenne work towards propogating changes to a DataObject to other user's
    DataContexts (as in the EO Framework in WebObjects)?
    Do we have to manually make DataContexts listeners and broadcaster's of
    change to their ObjectStore for changes?
    How can the ObjectStore get notification that the database has changed
    beneath it? This was one MAJOR problem with WebObjects' EOFramework: Any
    change made to the database outside of EOF was never recognized by the
    object graph.

    If anyone can provide answers, I'd appreciate it.
    Dave Paules
    Quantum Leap Innovations
    www.quantumleap.us