Re: usage of event notification in release 6alpha

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 13:50:24 EST

    Dave,

    At this point event notifications were added as a generic mechanism for
    future reuse for all kinds of notifications. Right now its use is limited.
    AFAIK now DataContext will simply notify its own DataObjects that they
    were committed.

    More advanced use of notifications, including distributed notificatons of
    the ObjectStore changes, is in the queue and will be implemented some day.
    I would most definitely like to see this happen ASAP myself.

    Andrus