Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 08:18:53 EST

    Hello Javier,

    Javier Ferro wrote:
    > I'm get the following error when trying to reengineer a database
    > schema from Oracle 8.1.5.
    >
    > CayenneModeler Info
    > Version: 1.0a6
    > Build Date: February 2 2003
    > Exception:
    > java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

    This is very unfortunate und some people seem to 'always' get this error,
    but curiously some people don't - no matter hoch many tables we try to
    reengineer!
    Can you give us a bit more info on your setup? How many tables has the
    schema, which roles does the user have etc.
    For a first countermeasure try to modify line 34 of the modeler.bat script
    and insert something like -Xmx96M before the -classpath argument.

    Holger