problem Importing eomodel in cayenne modeler.

From: Charles-Edouard Ruault (c..dtect.com)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 11:52:23 EST

    Hi All,

    i'm trying to develop webobject apps on linux, using wolips and eclipse.
    Since there's no support for eomodeler on Linux, i looked for
    alternatives and found cayenne modeler ( 1.0a6 ) which is supposed to be
    able to read eomodel files.
    However , when i try to import my existing eomodel file, i'm getting a
    null pointer exception and nothing gets created.
    I've done a little bit of debugging and found out the following :
    in org.objectstyle.cayenne.wocompat.EOModelProcessor in the method
    makeAttributes i'm getting a null value as return of
    attrMap.get("valueClassName");
    which causes a crash the following line :
    EOModelHelper.javaTypeForEOModelerType(attrType);
    because javaTypeForEOModelerType does not check for null args.

    The question i have is :
    - is it possible to get a null value for "valueClassName" attribute ? If
    so then what should javaTypeForEOModelerType return instead of crashing ?

    Does anyone else encountered this problem ? Is there any known solution ?
    Thanks for your help.

    --
    Charles-Edouard Ruault
    Idtect SA