Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 05:37:05 EST

    Javier Ferro wrote:
    > > After setting
    > > user/password/etc. in the login panel, did Modeler
    > > present you a dialog to
    > > select a schema from a list? What did you select?
    >
    > I can select the schema (of a user with sysdba
    > permissions).

    Good, so it's not really Modeler's fault but rather DbLoader. Good to
    know! I just tried against my Oracle9i test db, as system user I could
    reengineer my SYSTEM schema just fine; took only two seconds and didn't
    use much memory. SYS gave trouble because of duplicate keys.

    Andrus, I think we really need to address this by either renaming the keys
    in e.g. ascending order (not good for tables with strange names; many
    people unfortunately do that) or by making the keys internally use the
    fully qualified name. Maybe we could ignore the schema namespace when the
    DbAdaptor has no schema support so that we don't lose DataMap portability
    between databases. Don't know if this is possible.

    > I'll try to create a user with minimal privileges
    > (but I don't know if the IT admin guys will
    > burn me! :-D

    Good luck! Please let us know if you have any other problems or questions.
    :-)

    Holger