Re: Runtime Error: how to find cayenne.xml

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 07:37:33 EST

    Dave Paules wrote:
    > I've tried your suggestions regarding subclassing Configuration or
    > DefaultConfiguration.

    ..and it didn't quite work. I'm not surprised, this is quite a mess. :-)
    Some of the discussion continued on the -devel list and there are some
    deeper problems with 'just subclassing', as you found out. I came up with
    a working fix for your problem, please see the two attached classes. Usage
    is simple:

    - add the classes to your project

    - add an empty subclass of PackageConfiguration to your config package; no
    code required!

    - call Configuration.initSharedConfig(new MyPackageConfiguration())

    This should work right away, it does for me. I'm currently reworking the
    configuration stuff so that this will be (hopefully) in the next version,
    automatically.

    Holger