Re: Runtime Error: how to find cayenne.xml

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 11:36:59 EST

    I suspect this might be some deserialization problem. Have you noticed if
    this exception totally prevents future sessions from working, since I
    suspect this does not affect any new sessions. Also, what are you using
    for HTML generation? Is this JSP or is this things like Tapestry?

    Anyway, even though I partially agree with Holger's comment on logging,
    there is quiet a few things you can do right now to debug what is really
    going on. To do that, set logging configuration file in the first startup
    servlet using Configuration.configCommonLogging(url), or by creating
    $HOME/.cayenne/cayenne-log.properties (second option is not very J2EE
    :-)).

    For either option, contents of this file may look like this:

    # General Log4J stuff
    log4j.rootLogger=WARN, A1
    log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
    log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=cayenne %-5p [%t %d{MM-dd
    HH:mm:ss}] %c{1}: %m%n

    # indiv. packages configuration - turning on the packages that I care about
    log4j.logger.org.objectstyle.cayenne.config = DEBUG

    Hope this helps.

    Andrus