Re: Runtime Error: how to find cayenne.xml

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 13:33:52 EST

    Dave Paules wrote:
    > I'm sorry Holger... :(

    I am!

    > Even with your new classes, the situation hasn't changed. When not in a jar,
    > the packaged config files are found and processed correctly. Once the

    Well, it definitely does work for me. My admittedly simple test (see the
    'simple' package in my cayenne CVS sandbox) loads all files from a JAR on
    the classpath (jarconf.jar in my case). Since I didn't mess with the
    somehow be related to your setup..definitely weird!

    > The cayenne file is found, but after the file is parsed, the
    > RuntimeLoadDelegate called finishedLoading() to check for any errors that
    > might have occured during the parse.

    That's the usual behaviour when the DataSource could not be loaded or
    initialized properly. It is referenced by the name in the cayenne.xml
    file; all I do is add the 'path' that was found by the Configuration
    subclass' class loader to the data source name, so that it can be found in
    the same package as well. The fact that the cayenne.xml file is found and
    loaded indicates that something else might be wrong here..but then again
    it should fail for non-jar'ed files, too!

    I will look further into this over the weekend; if you have the source to
    the cayenne classes at hand, you can try to find out what
    cayenne.util.ResourceLoader:findURLInClassLoader() returns; if you can
    print the returned URLs before they are returned, please send me the
    output directly. That might help.

    Holger