questions on compound keys

From: Troy McKinnon (tmckinno..rise.com)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 21:53:17 EST

    I was just wondering if some can give me some insight into the best way to
    insert records into a cross reference table with a compound key which is
    made up by a foreign key to two different tables? Also, because of the issue
    with no assigning a parent key (i.e. re: same object duplicated in the
    result), will a select work with a compound parent key?

    TABLE 1
    ------------
    pk_id
    val1