partial selects using SqlSelectQuery

From: Troy McKinnon (tmckinno..rise.com)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 20:37:02 EDT

    I am trying to do a partial select. I used the following code:

    SqlSelectQuery query = new SqlSelectQuery("MyTableObj", sql);
    return ctxt.performQuery(query);

    I assumed that since I am passing the object type in, that it would return a
    list of these objects. But after debugging, I noticed that it actually
    returns an ArrayList of HashMaps...

    am I doing something wrong, or is this how this is suppose to work?

    Troy