Re: DataContext problem?

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 09:39:45 EDT

    Arndt Brenschede wrote:

    > Michael Schuldt wrote:
    > > But the problem is with other sessions. I can't read the changes or the new
    > > objects commited fromout the other session from the database. There are only
    > > the old ones. But when I'm creating a new session, I can see everything!
    > >
    > > Any suggestions? It's very urgent.
    >
    > Well, what you describe is what you should expect (?) ...

    Yes.

    > So this DataContext works like a cache, and
    > you don't get notified if an object changes in
    > the Database.

    This has been discussed before, see this thread & followups:
    http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/lists/cayenne-user/2003/02/0022.html

    'request-lifetime' DCs are not really a solution, either (although they
    might work for simple scenarios). An application-level DataContextMonitor
    (watching e.g. over all DCs in all 'sessions') implemented as outlined in
    the thread would be a good first step to keep at lesst several DCs in the
    same VM in sync.

    Holger