Re: Firebird Adaptor

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 05:26:24 EDT

    On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Heiko Wenzel wrote:

    > I want use Cayenne with Firebird. How can I write a adaptor for
    > firebird and how can I implement or register it?

    I thought about starting a Firebird adaptor but wanted to wait until the
    next major release 1.5 has been released, which should be 'really soon
    now', whatever that means. Since I couldn't get the current release
    candidates running on Windows I put it on hold, though.

    As Andrus has indicated, the first step is to get either the latest
    release or the nightly build and get the unit tests running via ant; this
    is described in the docs. The next step is to create an adaptor-specific
    package with a simple JdbcAdapter subclass and a database-specific types
    mapping. Then create an entry in connection.properties, run the unit tests
    and watch the sparks fly. :)

    After that the amount of work really depends on each database. For example
    HSQLDB was really simple since it's 'pure Java' and has only a limited
    feature set.

    If you need more help or have other questions just write to cayenne-devel
    or me directly, I'll try to help.

    Holger