Re: UpdateQuery

From: Laszlo Spoor (lspoor_cayenn..otmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 16:17:46 EDT

    Hello Amando,

    What I usually do is retrieving the object using a SelectQuery or by getting
    the object using the ObjectId, then I update the object using its set
    methods and do a myDataContext.commitChanges().

    So, for example:

    [..]
    // Get the Object
    SelectQuery qry
      = new SelectQuery(Monkey.class);

    Expression qualifier
      = ExpressionFactory.binaryPathExp(Expression.EQUAL_TO, "name",
    "myMonkeyName");

    List monkeys = myDataContext.performQuery(qry);

    // Assume we want the first one, or name is unique key, and the query always
    returns something...
    Monkey monkey = (Monkey) monkeys.get(0);

    // Update the object
    monkey.setName("myNewMonkeyName");
    monkey.setAge(15);
    monkey.setDateOfBirth(1973);

    myDataContext.commitChanges();

    [...]

    It could be that there is a more efficient way, but this seems to work fine
    :-).

    Hope this helps, Laszlo