Re: data modeler

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 14:35:57 EDT

    Brad Messerle wrote:
    > I am new to cayenne and trying to import a database
    > schema. When the dialog box comes up and askes for all
    > the info, i dont have any thing in the drop down for
    > the JDBC info. I am under the impression that cayenne
    > support Oracle out of the box. Any help in getting

    It does! Eric Schneider has already posted the answer - the drop down box
    is just for recently made entries.

    > drives to be reconiged? In addtion to Oracle i would
    > like to get DB2 running also.

    Should work the same as long as you use the latest released version, but
    please keep in mind that DB2 support is very new and most likely contains
    bugs. It also requires the new 'universal' JDBC driver that comes with
    DB/2 8.x. Please report back if you can or cannot get it to work!

    Holger