[semi-OT]: 3-layer app with cayenne?

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 09:52:34 EDT

    Hello!

    I am using cayenne with tapestry to create a web application, but my next
    project will be a three-layer application. Data in the database, some
    logic on the serverside and some logic in a client side java application.

    Are you using web services for communication between the client and the
    server? It would be *so* very nice to be able to access the serverside
    cayenne objects with relations from the client.

    In Apple WebObjects Java Client it is possible to specify the properties
    in the OR-world that should be accessible from the client. Pretty nice.
    What are the alternatives? Pro/cons?

    Regards,
     - Tore.