Re: Why should I configure ServletConfiguration to listen for container events in the web.xml

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 11:03:10 EDT

    I am back from vacation and will be going through the list in the next
    few days, addressing unanswered issues. Sorry if it takes some time....
    Now back to the parent post.

    On Tuesday, August 26, 2003, at 08:57 PM, chandramouli mallarapu wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Why should I configure ServletConfiguration to listen for container
    > events
    > in the web.xml

    > If I remove this one it's giving exception(i.e cayenne.xml is not
    > found).

    This is just one of the possible ways to automatically initialize
    Cayenne when appropriate and to assign DataContext to each new web
    session. There are other alternatives:

        http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/userguide/deploy/web-application.html

    > And If I add this one, I am getting too much INFO log at tomcat server
    > console. How to avoid this one.

    This means that Cayenne is initialized and is working properly. To make
    it more quiet, set logging in Tomcat for Cayenne classes to level WARN
    (you may set this for the whole org.objectstyle.cayenne package). See
    this page for details:

        http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/userguide/deploy/logging.html

    On the other hand you may find it useful to see all the SQL queries
    sent to the database, especially when learning Cayenne.

    Andrus