Re: Troubles packaging cayenne in a java GUI exe for windows

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 15:50:25 EDT

    Troy McKinnon wrote:
    > I gave it a try but it still gets an NPE. Different spot tho. ;)

    Good. Let's tumble down the rabbit hole.

    > at
    > org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.createDataContext(DataContext.jav
    > a:152)
    > at com.myStuff.test.MainFrame.<init>(MainFrame.java:196)

    You have no data domain configured, i.e. your mapping is not loaded/data
    map not connected to a domain/whatever. Still, the NPE _is_ a bug and will
    be fixed. Good catch.

    Andrus: in case of no default domain what should getDataContext() do,
    return null or throw - and if so what?

    Holger

    --
    A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.