Which NEXT_ID ?

From: Jean-Paul Le Fèvre (lefevr..ep.saclay.cea.fr)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 05:02:03 EDT

    I'm currently using cayenne with MySQL. The primary key generation
    is based on the table AUTO_PK_SUPPORT but I do not understand how
    the next id is computed. My AUTO_PK_SUPPORT was copied from somewhere
    and the default value for NEXT_ID is 20. Is 20 a magic number ?
    Why not simply 1 ? Is it possible to use the auto_increment feature
    of MySQL ?

    Jean-Paul Le Fèvre * Mail : J-P.LeFevr..ea.fr