Re: Newbie question: Can not load JDBC driver

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 14:07:47 EDT

    On Sunday, October 5, 2003, at 01:40 PM, Ryosuke Mori wrote:

    > With the privilege you need to access MySQL, I have granted "SELECT",
    > "INSERT", "DELETE", "UPDATE", "CREATE", "DROP, and "EXECUTE", to a
    > user,
    > ryosuke, but I came across with the denied error. So, this time, I
    > changed
    > datanode.driver.xml and put root as the user name, which worked
    > perfectly.
    > By any chance, do you know what kind of privileges are required to
    > work with
    > the first tutorial?

    Don't know enough about MySQL to give advise on that, but from what
    I've see in the past, blanket permissions like "use.." don't work. I
    have to specify the host name instead of "%", e.g. "ryosuk..ocalhost".

    The account that I use for testing has the following permissions:
    SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, RELOAD, SHUTDOWN,
    PROCESS, FILE, REFERENCES, INDEX, ALTER, SHOW DATABASES, SUPER, CREATE
    TEMPORARY TABLES, LOCK TABLES, EXECUTE... Though this is excessive, and
    the permission set you mentioned above should be sufficient.

    Andrus