Re: Updated Tapestry/Cayenne examples

From: Eric Schneider (eri..entralparksoftware.com)
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 23:12:08 EDT

    Hi,

    I've added an additional example of the artist application.

    http://www.centralparksoftware.com/downloads/artist-app-model-framwork.zip

    This version uses two separate projects, Model and ArtistApp. If you plan
    on using Cayenne and Tapestry on a large project, this example will be a
    good start. It could easily be augmented for your own projects. Having the
    Model as a separate project is good idea if you plan to use it with multiple
    applications.

    The Model project takes advantage "cgen" ant task (the cayenne class
    generator). The cgen task will re-generate your object entity .java files
    if you've modified the cayenne model (*.map.xml).

    So, to get the example running:

    -Modify the ArtistApp/src/model-config/datanode.driver.xml to contain your
    connection information.
    -cd into the Model folder and build, "ant".
    -cd into the ArtistApp folder and build, "ant".

    Note, the ant scripts assume the AritstApp and Model folders are in the same
    directory.

    Also, ArtistApp project contains additional ant tasks, "deploy" and
    "reload". If you specify a container.home property in
    ArtistApp/default.properties these tasks can be helpful during development.

    Cheers,
    Eric