how-to map reflexive relationships?

From: Rob Witt (rwit..ascope.com)
Date: Fri Oct 24 2003 - 16:16:37 EDT

    How can I model a reflexive relationship so that it works in Cayenne? I
    want to have a Document class that represents both documents and folders
    (similar to java.io.File). I have used a parentID scheme before (where a
    row can have many children, but only one parent). I could also use a
    “DocumentMapping” table, whose rows have a parentID and a childID that are
    both foreign keys to the Document tables PK. Can either of these scenarios
    be handled by Cayenne (as an official relationship)? How do I do it?