one app, two db types?

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 05:11:43 EST

    Hello!

    I am developing one application that currently uses MS SQL Server. I want
    this application to work on PostgreSQL as well. Without managing two
    datamaps.

    The app uses JNDI to find the datasource, so that should not be a problem.

    The MS SQL Server uses "dbo" as schema and "public" is the default for
    PostgreSQL. Should I create the tables under "dbo" in PostgreSQL as well
    or change the datamap?

    What about the column datatypes in the datamap. Should I create the
    missing datatypes in PostgreSQL or should I change the datamap in runtime?

     - Tore.