Re: one app, two db types?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 11:13:43 EST

    On Nov 7, 2003, at 5:11 AM, Tore Halset wrote:
    > The MS SQL Server uses "dbo" as schema and "public" is the default for
    > PostgreSQL. Should I create the tables under "dbo" in PostgreSQL as
    > well
    > or change the datamap?

    This is one way to handle it. Another would be to do a runtime switch
    of schemas of all DbEntities.

    Also don't forget to switch DbAdapter to Postgres. You may find
    "cdeploy" Ant task useful for adaptor switching in deployment:

    http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/userguide/deploy/cdeploy.html

    > What about the column datatypes in the datamap. Should I create the
    > missing datatypes in PostgreSQL or should I change the datamap in
    > runtime?

    This shouldn't be a problem (at least for runtime, forward engineering
    the schema may have its peculiarities). DB types in a DataMap are all
    JDBC standard types and are the same for all databases, it is up to the
    JDBC driver to handle them correctly.

    Andrus