[ANN] JIRA Issue tracker is now online

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 14:52:59 EST

    Sorry for cross-posting, but this message is for both Cayenne users and
    developers.

    I just finished with production deployment of JIRA bug tracker for
    Cayenne. See this page for details:

    http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/bugs.html

    JIRA is very powerful and user friendly issue tracker. I encourage
    everybody to register and use it. A few simple rules:

    1. You don't have to register to browse bugs.

    2. If you are a Cayenne user and discovered a bug, you need to register
    with JIRA system to be able to submit a report, comment on bugs, and
    vote on issues. If you think this is too hard and will discourage users
    from submitting bugs, please voice your opinion on cayenne-user. We may
    change that.

    3. If you are a Cayenne committer, please register and send me your
    account handle - I will need to set you up with permissions to change
    bugs status, reassign bugs, close bugs, etc.

    4. If you are NOT a committer, but want to work on bugs, you need to
    register. After that please let me know, I can either give you
    developer bug-tracker permissions, or you can simply post the patches
    as bug comments.

    All open SourceForge issues were manually transferred to JIRA, and all
    the trackers were closed. Unfortunately I had to set myself as an
    author of all newly created JIRA issues. You can use JIRA "watch issue"
    function if you want email notifications for a particular bug.

    Please report any troubles with the issue tracker on cayenne-user or
    send them to me directly.

    Andrus