Configuring Basic Servlet Config

From: Kevin Dahlhausen (kdahlhau..ahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 10:02:07 EST

    Cayenne is great! I'm pushing hard to have it replace our in-house
    database abstraction library. One area that is causing trouble though
    is that I'm having trouble configuring a non-default location of
    cayenne.xml. Our standards dictate that the file should be in working:

    webApplication

          +-- WEB-INF

          +-- working

                 +-- cayenne.xml

    After trying all kinds of permuations of addClassPath and
    FileConfiguration, I've not been able to have cayenne locate the
    file.

    I'm using BasicServletConfiguration.

    in the servlet's init:

            DefaultConfiguration conf =
    BasicServletConfiguration.initializeConfiguration(config.getServletContext());
            conf.addClassPath("../working");

    Could anyone steer me in the right direction on this?

    Also, is there any way to use a JNDI data source that is not
    pre-configured with a username and password? That is to pass the user
    name and password when a connection is created? If not, that is
    something I'll be adding if this goes through.

    Thanks.

    =====
    http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree