Re: Configuring Basic Servlet Config

From: Eric Schneider (eri..entralparksoftware.com)
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 11:12:06 EST

    Hi Kevin,

    > Also, is there any way to use a JNDI data source that is not
    > pre-configured with a username and password? That is to pass the user
    > name and password when a connection is created? If not, that is
    > something I'll be adding if this goes through.

    I'm not quite sure why you'd want that scenario. It kind of defeats the
    purpose of using a JNDI datasource, no?

    The whole idea is push the low level db interaction down to the container
    level. All the properties of the datasource are configured on the server
    (i.e. usernames, passwords, pool properties). From an application
    perspective, all that is needed is the JNDI name to the datasource.

    Eric.