opaque Primary Keys

From: James Treleaven (jametre..noreo.on.ca)
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 11:25:08 EST

    Hi Guys,

    I am yet another newbie who is rewriting a legacy application to use
    Cayenne/Tapestry. I am having some trouble with the fact that Cayenne
    is hiding my Primary Key columns (in the DataObjects), and I need access
    to them (because this is a legacy application and I need to use some of
    the legacy logic).

    I would have expected that there would be a parameter to CGen that I
    could specify that would get CGen to not hide the primary key columns in
    the DataObject java classes it generates, but I do not see one documented.

    To be specific (pedantic?), my db includes two tables 'team' and
    'project' with primary keys 'team_id' and 'project_id', respectively.
    What I would like right now is to be able to call getProject_id() from
    my Team objects, but when I used the modeler to create my DataObjects it
    did not generate a getProject_id() method for the Team class.
    Similarly, no getTeam_id() method exists in the Team class either and I
    will probably need access to it as well at some point in the near future.

    Thanks in advance for any advice,
    James