Re: Integer length

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 11:52:10 EST

    Hi Jim,

    Unlike (VAR)CHAR, numeric columns length is not relevant in Cayenne.
    Since JDBC driver provided this information during reverse engineering,
    it was included in the resulting model, but you can remove it safely.

    > What does integer max length mean: number of bytes?

    Whatever MySQL means by that. Likely a number of bytes it takes to
    store one value in the DB.

    Andrus