Re: ObjectStore and Caching

From: James Treleaven (jametre..noreo.on.ca)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 11:13:37 EST

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    > As I said I don't fully understand what problem you are solving... The
    > solution might not necessarily be turning off the cache.

    I am anticipating the deployment of my Tapestry/Cayenne application
    across a Linux Virtual Server web cluster. This would mean that there
    would be multiple instances of Tomcat running on multiple computers in
    the cluster - any one of which could be called on to handle a particular
    HTTP request in the stream of requests that make up a user's session.

    So a user could submit a form to computer A, updating the Artist record
    for, say, Michelangelo. They could subsequently submit a request to
    display the artist record for Michelangelo, with that request being
    received by computer B. Since, in my setup, the two different computers
    will be running separate instances of Cayenne in separate LVMs ... I
    assume that until Cayenne 1.1 is released I will need to 'turn off the
    caching'.

    thanks,
    James