Re: Negating an expression

From: Jim Menard (jim..o.com)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 05:56:56 EST

    > ExpressionFactory doesn't have a shortcut method for NOT. I guess I'll
    > need to add it eventually. For now you can use this:
    >
    > Expression negated =
    > ExpressionFactory.unaryExp(Expression.NOT, expressionToNegate);

    That's what I was looking for.

    I did not see this documented in the Cayenne User's Manual. For
    example, it's not listed in the "Logical Conditions" section of the
    start of chapter 10, which I incorrectly assumed was the exhaustive
    list of expression types.

    Thank you for your help, Andrus and Mike.

    Jim

    --
    Jim Menard, jim..o.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm/
    "I don't know the meaning of the word surrender! I mean, I know it, I'm