pattern for adding entity in web environment

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 05:18:51 EST

    Hello

    I am using cayenne+tapestry and have a webpage with a list of users.
    There is a edit-link for every user and a add-user-link on top of the
    page. I use the same page for adding and editing users. It has a save
    and a cancel-button.

    When a user presses the add-user-link I use createAndRegisterNewObject
    to create a new user. The cancel-button will do a rollback and the save
    button will do a commit.

    Is createAndRegisterNewObject the best way to add a new user? What if
    someone does not use the cancel-button, but presses another link or
    perhaps the famous back-button in the browser? Would it be better to
    create a new unregistered user and register it on save?

      - Tore.