RE: Flattened Attributes

From: Gentry, Michael (michael_gentr..anniemae.com)
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 11:10:02 EST

    You could also add cover methods to flatten selected attributes. Like,
    in an Employee, you could add departmentName() which would turn around
    and call department().departmentName(). Of course, that would resolve
    the fault, too, if needed. Be careful doing sets that way, though.
    Since it makes it look like an attribute of Employee, you might be
    tempted to try to set the value using a keypath, which wouldn't work and
    wouldn't be caught at compile-time.

    /dev/mrg