[Newbie] Strange NoClassDefFoundError

From: Cyril Godefroy (cgodefro..ac.com)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 11:14:43 EST

    I'm trying to get my mind together on Cayenne+tapestry at the same time
    and I met really strange behaviors which seem more related to my config
    than Cayenne or tapestry. Right now, I'm getting crazy about class
    loader issues.

    I have Tomcat 4.1.29, Cayenne 1.0.5 (I'm late, I know) and Tapestry
    3.0b3. I used bbedit and ant to get my first tap+Cayenne application
    running, and had problems regarding jars. So I put almost everything in
    tomcat/shared/lib. At last, it worked.

    Now, I rebuilt the same app using eclipse 2. Compiles and installs
    fine. But won't run, and throws an exception: servlet
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/ServletContext
             at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.conf.BasicServletConfiguration.(BasicServletConf
    iguration.java:151)
    servlet.jar is there, in $tomcat_home/shared/lib/
    I put also in $tomcat_home/webapps/JWCCayenne/lib, but I've not been
    more lucky.

    So what am I doing wrong?

    A+
    Cyril