Re: Openbase

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2004 - 17:31:23 EST

    Stephen Adams <sadam..nfoscribe.com> wrote:
    > Thanks for the information. I now am able to connect the database and get
    > the schema. I am still working on getting the example code to work.
    >
    > I am new to Java and Cayenne and I am trying to tackle both at the same
    > time. Might not be the best idea.

    Well, if you're used to WebObjects (which I may be mis-remembering from your
    posting on OB-DEV), I don't think Cayenne will have much of a learning curve
    for you. I've found the documentation at
    http://www.objectstyle.org/cayenne/userguide/index.html quite good. All of
    the common EOF functionality appears to have direct corresponding elements
    in Cayenne.

    Even if not, I think the API is very easy to pick up for simple queries,
    inserts, deletes, and updates.

    -Mike