Re: adapter for Livelink - possible?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Feb 15 2004 - 11:40:11 EST

    Hi Boris,

    Cayenne DbAdapter design is quiet flexible. While I am not aware of an
    existing LiveLink adapter, it is possible to write implementations for
    non-JDBC data sources. E.g. this method allows creating a custom Cayenne
    DataNode:

    http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/api/cayenne/org/objectstyle/cayenne/dba/DbAdapter.html#createDataNode(java.lang.String)

    Such custom DataNode will need to re-implement "performQueries" method
    that translates Cayenne queries to the target data source API calls.

    Andrus